Thursday, September 11, 2008

Memorable Book in Your Life

Could you tell me about your most memorable book?

Actually I don't know the English title of the book though, it was close to "Slow down your Speed". Since I read this book , my sight about life has completely changed. I used to be so anxious about my indolent life, always pushed myself somewhere and thought I should keep runing forward to achieve something. That is, I didn't know how to be happy. This book showed me how to be happy in my life.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Jin,
I'm so glad that we got your blog up for the weekend.
My most memorable book changes all the time as I am very influenced by my current reading selection. These days I'm reading "The Time Traveler's Wife" which is part romance and part science fiction. It really gets into our expectations of love and how time can change somethings but not everything. I also listen to a lot of audio books including podcast books. These are nice because a new chapter comes out every week or so and I can enjoy it while I drive or do housework.

happymichelle said...

Actually I haven't read many books nowadays. I read many books in my school days, but I found it difficult to have any time for reading. Recent I read whole series of Harry Potter. I think it's good. Simple but have a lot of stories and characters. I like Joan Rowling's imagination and writing. What was yours?

Dave said...

Shalom, Jin!
Bible is my most memorable book. I read it 7 times. After that I have no fear in any case. Lately I began to read English Bible with my roommate.

Bonnie said...

"The purpose driven life" is my most memorable book in my life.
I read it in both Korean and English. And I have not only recommened many times but also made a group with my friends to share and apply the contents in our real lives.
I'm sure most christians have heard about and read this book.
Have you ever thought about why you were born and keep on living?
There is an answer. ^^

heavensmile said...

When I was in high scool, I read lots of philosophy books. Among them, my favorite was Pascal's Pancer. That made me think of life and God. And it gave me lots of questions. If I have a chance to read again. I'd like to read it written in English.