Friday, October 17, 2008
Did you have a role model as a child?
When I was a middle schooler, I loved Anne, the main character of Anne of Green Gables and wanted to be just like her in the novel. When I was a high school student, I was a fan of Korean female writer, Jeon Hye Rin. Then my next admirer was Nina Botshuman, the main character of "In the Middle of Life" written by Luise Rinser. When I was a young, they had a great effect on my thought. Then how about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
When I was a middle school student, I respected my homeroom teacher and an English teacher. She taught us English very well. With her inflence, I became an English teacher, too. Secondly, I read a book whose title was a doll and 6 pences. It is about the life of the artist, Paul Gaugain. I was very impressed with his life style.
Hi Jin,
When I was an elementary student my 65 year old Grandmother went to university. She had been too poor when she was young but decided that she wanted to get educated even though she was a grandmother. That inspired me a lot as she would show me her books and explain about the classes. She studied English literature so she instilled a love of William Shakespeare and other writers in me.
David was my role model. He fought against Goliath only with a stone. He was very brave. I was nicknamed from his name. I am trying to resemble him.
In Bible, I envyed Enoch who was always with God on earth and Joseph who was thankful, belived in God's sincerity and had a hope whatever happens in his life. When I was a high school student, I admired Lee, Changsoo who was the host of English conversation program. He really spoke English well enough to inspire me to major English. When I was an university student, my role model was Shakespeare. His mastery of languae makes me astounded. I really wanted to be a magician of language like Shakespeare. But what am I doing?
Yes, I had a role model when I was young. I didn't have many chances to meet people becasueI grew up at the countryside. But I enjoyed reading a lot. I could meet woderful teachers through books. One of them was Abraham Lincoln. I learned many things from him. His attitude toward life and courage imprssed me. I respect him.
i don't want to acknowledge but... unfortunately there was no role model in my adolescent days.
I was sometimes beaten by my elder brother without reason. (of course i was not so obedient brother for my elder brother.) My father and mother was busy to earn bread. and there was severe competition among friends(actually not friends). i had to find role model. i found one but it was very hard to follow him. because he was Jesus. (it was nearly impossible) i want to ascribe my not getting astray to Jesus especially my school days.
Post a Comment